JellyPages.com

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Joey's Weekly Challenge 200 - Exeter


I was not to miss this! I pledged that no matter the tangle, no matter the string, I will do this one for sure because it is a milestone: Joey's Weekly Challenge #200! Congratulations, Joey, and tons of thanks for keeping us followers interested in your varying challenges!!!

The aim of this game is to use the tangle Exeter and maneuver it into the tanglepatterns.com string #165. When mine was finished I had a bit of trouble signing it. It looked wrong in the north/south position and it looked wrong in the south/north position. East/west and vice versa didn't even qualify for positioning. Hence I posted the same tile twice, and let you decided, which one looks right way up.


Joey's Weekly Zentangle Challenge #200 with Patterns: Exeter, Toodles, Tipple
Patterns: Exeter, Toodles, Tipple


Joey's Weekly Zentangle Challenge #200 with Patterns: Exeter, Toodles, Tipple - upsidedown tile
Upside down version



Animal Happy Day

Today my 'Animal Happy Day' is my 'Animal Lucky Day' or my 'Human Hero of the Day' Day and it is not a video, but a webpage link. Please watch how a selfless young man rescues his neighbor's dog while the house starts to collapse. (1.30).
Click here.


And now something completely different

Could I have one tube of bathroom, one tube of bedroom, a tube of living room, and.....oh, of course, a kitchen tube, please. No kidding, this might well be our future hunt for living space and I love it!
Click here.






22 comments:

  1. You made a wonderful birthday present for Joey, Susie! I like the soft colouring with the blue highlights. I can not decide for a preferred direction, it is simply beautiful!
    The living tubes are a very interesting idea. I could imagine to spend holidays in such a little 'flat'. I would prefer a tube in the nature or in a nice garden, but not crowded under a bridge in a big city. The future will show how this tubes will be used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Margarete, but you are no great help with the tile position problem. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
      Yes, the tube living is certainly something that I could imagine myself doing. Of course, with lots of space around me...or I get a 'space tube' for my tubes.πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

      Delete
  2. One rule of the Zentangleart is that the drawing should be nice in all directions. I really can't manage that all the time but you give us here a wonderful example: this tile is always beautiful, even when you put it upside down.You managed also to give your personal flair on Exeter. I love it but also the gorgeous guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ria. I think this happened because I kept turning the tile 180' depending on which half I was drawing. In the end I had 2 up-positions.

      Delete
  3. I like the tile best the first way, but I agree with Ria there is supposed to be no right side and even sideways I liked it! I'm addicted to watching all the Tiny house shows and keep thinking why can't we help the homeless with something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trudi. I am so glad I have a first tile supporter. Blurred eyes see alike!
      Tube rooms, tiny houses...even shipping containers. Yes, great solutions I'd say.

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous Susie! It works either way;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! I love all the curves, and the blues are striking!! The first orientation is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tiles are stunning,Susie. I like the first version better and the blue is great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gudrun. Poll is definitely for 1st position. Am I glad I haven't lost my senses yet.

      Delete
  7. of course your work is stunning, as always. But your post is what inspired me to finish and post a challenge...first time in ages. Anyway, I love the organic flow of your tile, and I like the "upside down" one the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heidi, what a compliment. I am glad my post kicked you into Zentangle gear again. Looking forward to seeing your tiles and images of your fast growing grandboy. He is probably already dominating the household and practicing a tangle or 2 with your fav pen.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous work, I really love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful artwork, dear Susie!! Both are gorgeous, my favorit is the upside down! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and thanks for commenting on mine, Esther.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful Susie! Unfortunately I am with you - I also can not decide which way should be up, because both ways are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan, for being on my side!!! LOL. Usually I definitely know which side is up, but with this one I had doubt the very moment I signed it.

      Delete
  11. I agree with everyone's comments--since we don't know what was in your head when you drew these, we can look at them objectively and love them both ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the time there was not much in my head, M, to be honest. I just kept turning the tile as I was drawing and in the end I had forgotten where I started. It looks upside down north or south, but definitely a no go for east and west.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...