JellyPages.com

Sunday, January 07, 2018

IAST Challenge 224 - Toodles


WOW! I just noticed my last IAST challenge contribution was #209 with Spoken end of August 2017. So it was about time I joined Adele again. IAST #224 is about the New Year with an '18' string, and the old year with tangles created in 2017, such as Toodles. I already created two posts with Toodles and lots of Toodles tangelations (this one and this one2)...why not a 3rd? Besides, this tangle is a real treat, you can never have enough publications! Yes, mam!

So here my 2nd attempt at the '18' string with Toodles tile. I themed it "Tangled Up In Blue", a song by Bob Dylan. Notice the undeniable resemblance to the one below. Yes, once again I had something in my mind and both results went awry. It was already Saturday night and I had to make the decision, which to send off.  So I did my "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" and the one themed "Tangled Up in Blue" left to land in Adele's inbox.


IAST Challenge #224 "Tangled Up in Blue" with patterns Toodles and Slowpoke
"Tangled Up in Blue" with patterns Toodles and Slowpoke



Below the "other one". You may notice the little lines at the edges of the tile. These are strategically well-placed distraction lines so your eyes won't notice the mess I made with the gel pen - again (!).

sng: "Trudi!!!!! I am still doing it!"
Trudi: "Duh! Told you to use the gel pen for the very last task and then don't touch the tile for 24 hours so it can dry. "
sng: "I did! It happened WHILE I was USING the gel."
Trudi: "Pick up Cribbage!"


IAST Challenge #224 with Patterns: Toodles, Slowpoke
Patterns: Toodles, Slowpoke




Animal Happy Days

Don't think Shadow has only a small-bed problem. Here you can clearly see that if provided with a huge double pillow bed he still has something hanging off. Now he complains about losing orientation when on the pillow, having a hard time to find his way off the pillow - hence the 'radar position'.

Show on his huge round double pillow bed

"Mum, will you ever get it right?"


For this post I chose another 'elephant rescues elephant' video. This time two female elephants involved in preventing a baby elephant from drowning. Keep an eye on the back of the video, too, where a fenced off elephant gets visibly distressed from the ordeal. (0:51 - no sound)




Thanks for stopping by!





8 comments:

  1. I agree that Toodles is a wonderful pattern with the possibility to make many variations. You showed us before gorgeous drawings and so you do now. My favorite is also the first one, beautiful composition and colours but absolutely fabulous tanglework!
    Very touching video and what I see about Shadow is very familiar for me, he does exactly the same as Miles and Jools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ria, for your nice words. I can hardly wait to see all the other Toodles entries. No matter how you draw Toodles, it is always eye-catching. Shadow sends his best woof-woofs to Miles and Jools.

      Delete
    2. Jeez, Ria, did I really just send you those woof-woof greetings?

      Delete
  2. Wow Susie there is such depth in your Toodles! The colour really pulls you in. I had to laugh at mini-me apperently sitting on your shoulder! Can't tell you how many times I have done exactly the same thing hence my warnings. Loved the elephants especially the 3rd one who couldn't do a thing but was so upset! Did I ever tell you about the huge dog bed I purchased for my 90 pound dog I brought it back from the store put it on the floor and my 8 pound cat jumped on it and declared it hers. The dog never did sleep on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trudi. Ha!Tell you what, every time I smear using the gel pen I can hear you laughing sarcastically somewhere at the back of my head. Maybe by the time the gel pens have dried out, I know how to use them.
      Love your dog/cat/bed story. However, I bet that if you had bought a tiny bed for a 100g mouse, the cat would have declared it hers as well.

      Delete
  3. The way you find variations...I'm so jealous! Your Toodles and its variations are just so gorgeous. I'll be working with what you've done for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toodles is so variation giving (if I may say so). I am sure you will love whatever you do with it. You can't go wrong on this one!!!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...