JellyPages.com

Saturday, March 17, 2018

DIVA 355, Joey 207, Bridges, & Tiny RR Tiles


This week's DIVA challenge #355 is Verve. I picked a water colored tile, drew Verve in the corner, then into another corner...and a third corner and voila, my tile was finished in no time. One of the quickest tiles as of late and it looks funny, like the head of a ram.


DIVA Challenge #355 with tangle pattern Verve
Tangle Pattern: Verve and Verve alone



After looking at it for a while I thought I can do better... And indeed! Here my very traditional Zentangle DIVA Verve tile. I even added Festune, one of the first tangles I learnt when I started with Zentangle Art with Beckah Krahula's book One Zentangle A Day.


DIVA Challenge #355 with tangle pattern Verve, Indy-Rella, Pokeleaf, Flux, Undling, Msst, Henna Drum, Festune
Tangle Patterns: Verve, Indy-Rella, Pokeleaf,
Flux, Undling, Msst, Henna Drum, Festune
and PS helped putting a color spin to it.



Joey's Weekly Challenge #207 still runs under the "Ribbons (!) and Curls" theme and we have Pokeleaf as the main tangle. My ribbons are small but I made up for it with "Double Pokeleaves". No sooner did I finish this 'new' Double Pokeleaf tangle I got an idea....


Joey's Weekly Challenge #207 with tangle pattern Double Pokeleaf, Brooch, Tupi
Tangle Patterns: Double Pokeleaf, Brooch, Tupi



...and here the idea: "Double Pokeleaf Wholly Hollibaugh". What a mouthful this name is. However, I still need some practice scattering glitter on my tiles evenly. LOL


Tangle Pattern: Double Pokeleaf Wholly Hollibaugh
Tangle Pattern: Double Pokeleaf Wholly Hollibaugh



Here are the Bridges! When I drew Lily Bridge for last week's Joey tile #206 a thought was nagging at the back of my head: 'this tangle has potential for more'! So this tile was born.


Focus on tangle pattern Lily Bridge with Jetties, Earjool
Focus on tangle pattern Lily Bridge with Jetties, Earjool




I am presently working on the tanglepatterns.com Refresher tile #174, the first of two for this month. One of the 5 tangles is 3V. I was quite taken by it. Simple, beautiful, lots of possibilities and geometric.

Focus on tangle pattern 3V
Focus on tangle pattern 3V



These are "Ragged Ray" tiles or tiny RR tiles. I was quite impressed how she drew beautiful Zentangle art on tiny tiles and had to try them out. Still learning here, but some came out quite OK in my eyes. And should I mess up, well, it would be only a tiny mess.

Gudrun S., told you I have to try out Kwazeela...and now I am still at it!

Focus on tangle pattern Kwazeela  with my beloved Dublin
Focus on tangle pattern Kwazeela
with my beloved Dublin

Focus on Brooch, the tangle I used in this week's Joey tile with tangles Nzepple, Zinger, Fescu, Tipple
Focus on Brooch, the tangle I used in this week's Joey tile with
tangles Nzepple, Zinger, Fescu, Tipple


This is my version of Ria Matheussen's Tupi tangle. It may look weird, so let me explain. I drew two normal Tupi next to each other and then used the space between the two to create a third.

Focus on Tupi by Ria Matheussen, the tangle I used in this week's Joey tile
Focus on Tupi by Ria Matheussen, the tangle I used in this week's Joey tile


This is 3V gone wild. Yes, the same tangle as above, the grey-blue tile. Lots of possibilities. Love it!

Focus on 3V with Photoshop freckles
Focus on 3V with Photoshop freckles


This is again a Refresher #174 request tangle: Starcrossed. The original didn't do much for me, I had to find an interpretation I liked. Voila, here comes 'Starcrossed Flower'!

Focus on Starcrossed
Focus on Starcrossed - now Starcrossed Flowers



Last but not least...here my String Rose Swirl tile, a tangle by Helen Williams and a tangle I really struggled with. I kept this place open...didn't want to publish the post until the tile was done! (The pressure I was under...you cannot imagine!) The rose butt itself I had under control since my last week's post, but the swirls!!!! Well, these (!) swirls are my (!) swirls and I better start accepting them.


Tangle Pattern: String Rose Swirl
Tangle Pattern: String Rose Swirl




Human Amazing Art

I hope you enjoyed last week's amazing car quintet mini concert video. This week is not so musical, because...


"Help! My pencil got screwed!"

Above I have a section about 'tiny tiles'. In comparison with these pencil art pieces they are huuuuuuuge though! Click here to see amazing real pencil art work.


Animal Happy Day

A guy and his cat (how more lovable can it get?)



Thank you, everybody, for visiting my post and have an amazing weekend.





24 comments:

  1. Wow Susie, I don't know where to begin, all the tiles are amazing and I'm very grateful that you have used Tupi in your beautiful art and gave it your personal touch. Thank you very much.The monotile is amazing. It is very hard to say which one is my fave of so many little jewels. I like your idea of Pokeleaf drawn as Wholly Hollibaugh and the combination of Kwazeela and Dublin is gorgeous. Cheerful Verve tiles too(I prefer the one in blue/pink/purple colours)Also what you did with Bridge, congratulations, never seen and I'm pretty wild of this 3V gone wild,wow again. And the last one, I know this isn't easy but your managed to finish the String Rose Swirl in a very nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ria, you are most welcome. I am really glad you like my version of your Tupi. I just had to use it and the mono tile, albeit weird looking, I loved to draw it. Sometimes you are just hit by a tangle variation while you are drawing it. Happened with me with Pokeleaf, Tupi, and Lily Bridge.

      Delete
  2. Wow Susie - you pack so much into each post. Every piece is fully of wonder.

    Just a few things that I particularly adore this time -

    Your Double Pokeleaf Wholly Hollibaugh is genius! Your creativity takes you to amazing places!

    I love 3V and your blue tile is so lovely. Balanced, calming, tidy and perfect highlights and shading!

    Your tiny tiles are incredible - so much on them! Your Kwazeela is so curvy and gorgeous and I love sort of broken Florz background on the orange one - I need to try that!

    So much inspiration - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jem. Talking about 'inspirational'. I am glad I read YOUR post about tiny tiles or shall I call it tiny treasures. I love to draw them and although I haven't yet dared a challenge tiny tile ("Coming Soon to this Post" (I hope)) I am fully satisfied with just fun tiles. So my thanks to you!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely amazing tangling! I love coming to your blog and seeing your tiles. The great part is that not only are they beautiful to look at, I almost always learn one or two new tangles. Great work, thank you for posting it.

    JoyceB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joyce. I, too, am often inspired by visiting a tangler's page and seeing a tangle that interests me. I am glad it happens the other way around, too.

      Delete
  4. Wow! So many gorgeous tiles! I especially love the Joey tile. The Tupi on it is really catches my attention, and your Double Pokeleaf is beautiful. I also really like the Kwazeela tile and the Brooch tile. The Brooch tile makes be think of a Monarch butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa. I love to play with tangles. For me that is the best part of Zentangle - unless your mind deserts you.

      Delete
  5. Oh, where do I start? I see so much creativity here! Love the double pokeleaves, and all the wonderful color! LUV your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dee. I refused to use color in my tiles for a long time; now I have trouble holding myself back NOT to use color.

      Delete
  6. An incredible great output of artwork this week, Susie!
    I don't realy know where to begin. My absolute favorite is this weeks Joey's tile. I love the double Pokeleafs in your interpretation. But the other tiles are wonderful and gorgeous too. I like them all, each in its own way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Margarete. Glad you like my double pokeleaf. You have the gift to fill a tile with a variety of tangles; I on the other hand have to double up tangles to fill my tiles!! LOL

      Delete
  7. I don't even know where to start. Great stuff. I will be coming back here to study what you have done and how you did it. I'm busy with textile projects so not tangling at the moment. Gotta get going with tangling again! You're inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M, I miss you. Hope you will be back soon now that your wrist must be 100% A-OK. I still haven't done warm up exercises for the pen. After having seen your tree.... any attempt of mine would spoil my memory!

      Delete
  8. Wow, you were soooo very busy this week. All so beautiful, I cannot pick a favorite. Staying at the Diva's challenge I think I like the first one best. Yes, Love that one!!! And if I see the video of that kitten ... I melt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne, for commenting on my rather long post. I remember you lost your cat. I wanted to post this video because I have a neighbor who has 2 kittens. They are now big enough to visit other people's garden, but still a bit on the shy side. Another neighbor has lent his storeroom to 4 homeless, still very tiny kittens and their mom. When he noticed the young family living literally at the edge of a road, the thought of them being run over left him sleepless. (I wonder what will leave him nap-less in a few weeks time. LOL)

      Delete
  9. WOW!!!!! Stunning Susie!!!!!
    Love them all :)
    Kind regards Gudrun S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like everyone else, I don't know where to start! I really love what you did with Verve, with Double Pokeleaf/Wholly Hollibaugh, 3-v, color, everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Jennifer. I guess I was lucky those tangles suited me.

      Delete
  11. What an amazing set of tiles. All lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Susie, these are ALL amazing! I wouldn't even begin to identify a favorite because they are so different and uniquely you. I do love your two versions of Pokeleaf (a fave of mine). I like the zinger detail of the first one and that Wholly Hollibaugh version is so cool. I'm going to have to lift that and many thanks for all of the lovely eye candy;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele, for your uplifting comment. I am glad you find my two Pokeleaf versions interesting. I admit, I like them, too!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...