JellyPages.com

Saturday, March 31, 2018

DIVA 357 & DIVA 357 again


I didn't get many tangle tiles done this week as 'things' happened outside the tangle world. Still, I had tons of fun with the DIVA #357 challenge, highlighting Paradox in a monotangle. Some tangles are best drawn dominating a large part of a tile to really show their potential beauty. Paradox is one of them.

What I don't like on Paradox though is the last bit we draw, the triangles. I tried to avoid them. I also use rectangles like triangles and drew Paradox 'around one corner' and that came out really well, too. In the blue, all corners are rectangles.


DIVA challenge #357 with tangle pattern Paradox
Tangle Pattern: Paradox



Paradox in a free-style grid


DIVA challenge #357 with tangle pattern Paradox
Tangle Pattern: Paradox



Paradox a la Shell-Xcape


DIVA challenge #357 with Tangle Patterns: Paradox a  la Shell Xcape with Clob
Tangle Patterns: Paradox a  la Shell Xcape with Clob



Paradox initial triangle
Paradox initial triangle



Paradox Extended. I started both tiles with a triangle, drew Paradox, and then added extensions to the triangles. Very similar to tangle Hamadox.


DIVA # 357 challenge with Paradox Extended and Lee Bee
Tangle Patterns: Paradox Extended with Lee Bee and
Paradox Extended-Extended



Last week’s IAST challenge, #235, didn’t come easy to me. When it came out and I saw the intense string and many tangles I shook my head and decided to wait. As we know, Time will Tell, and I waited for the 'Tell'. It came last Friday night while I was spread out and relaxed in front of the TV with Shadow snuggled next to me (of course, when else?). Fine, my blog had already gone out, but it wasn’t too late for Adele - yet. This shows again that it is better to let an idea grow in our subconscious mind than to push and force for 'any' tile.


IAST Challenge #235 with Tangle Patterns Hollibaugh, Crescent Moon, Bales, Fescu
Tangle Patterns: Hollibaugh, Crescent Moon, Bales, Fescu



A Squiggles tiny training tile for Refresher #175. The best part of the tile is the folded border at the top.


Tiny Training Tile Squiggles for Refresher 175 with Fluxecho
Tangle Patterns: Squiggles and Fluxecho




Animal Happy Day

Calves are maybe not everybody's favorite rescue animal videos. Calves are veal and not companions for the majority of us. But here is Harvey, a calf that survived Harvey, the tropical storm, because of people who are not like the majority of us.








14 comments:

  1. Harvey is a neat story!!!!! SQ and FL is my fave tangle of yours today bc it looks like 5 flowers blooming out of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comment, Luv. I have to admit placing that tile was a filler as I wasn't all that successful with tiles this week. Glad you see those flowers; I hadn't! Eye-opener!

      Delete
  2. You are SO original. I am studying all of these but the two "Paradox Extended" tiles are my favorites. Just luscious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, M, for your kind comment. I like Extended, too, although it does not look like Paradox at all, but it originated from it (center).

      Delete
  3. Love the tangles but I forget all about them when I watch the animal videos. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Trudi, your short term memory is a lot better than mine. I forget what I have seen as soon as the subject disappears at the top of my monitor screen. 😘😘😘

      Delete
  4. Very nice way to draw Rick's Paradox and avoid the little triangles in the middle. My favorite Paradox tile is the extented one with Lee-Bee.
    Your I.A.S.T. 235 is stunning, wonderful mix of transparent look, draw behind and thorned papertechnique!And the last tile is just lovely, especially in this time of the year: flowery patterns, drawn on a yellow background and yes I like that little fold on the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment, Ria. The IAST design was based on the tile you did for Hidden Hearts, the layered platforms. Time was running out when I drew it and my idea of making the Hollibaugh platform [semi-] transparent I have to keep for another tile...

      Delete
  5. You've been drawing a lot this week, Susie!
    Your Paradox variations are great, each tile in its own way. I like the rounded corners.
    The IAST challenge is awesome. It was worth waiting for an inspiration. I also like the yellow springtime tile very much. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you, too, Margarete, and thanks so much for taking the time to comment. This week wasn't so good for me, I ended up with burns on my skin caused by the milk-spray of the cacti I cut for 2 hours (one does get careless!!). I agree, rounded corners, definitely rounded corners!

      Delete
  6. Those Paradox tangleations are fantastic. I love all you did. And the calf ..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment and especially for loving Harvey, Anne! With this post Harvey got a few more fans!!!!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful tiles, Susie! I love all your paradox variations, especially the shells and the tile with Lee-Bee. And your IAST tile turned out absolutely gorgeous! The bold Hollibaugh contrasting against the fine detailed lines in Bales is wonderful! Your refresher tile is very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa, for you kind comment. I am still struggling a bit with the glitter and how to take favorable images.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...