JellyPages.com

Friday, March 23, 2018

DIVA 356 & Joey 208, Cases of Two Tiles, & Spluk


Joey's challenge #208 or the first case of two tiles! If you've read a previous post of mine you guessed it, this means 'Bad Tile'. But no, not all that bad in these cases. In Joey's tile #1 I like all the tangles. Stickers, a tangle I love, but always forget it exists; Coil, here my free-style version and still, it has its charm; Sledgling in winter with its Shattuck coat; the two single Cat-kins certainly didn't make the tile look bad (!); and yes, even my weak version of Tupuk by Ria Matheussen I wouldn't blame for the eye-soar. It's the combination of them all, the design I can't befriend.

Tile #2 looks more interesting in my eyes. More unpredictable albeit the fact that I started both with the same Coil diagonal through the tile. While I had a plan in my mind for #1, #2 was drawn on the spur of the moment.

#2 Coil tile


Joey's Challenge #208 with tangle patterns Coil, Gottago, Jetties, Veezy, Cruffle, Tipple
Tangle Patterns: Coil, Gottago, Jetties, Veezy, Cruffle, Tipple



#1 Coil tile


Joey's Challenge #208 with tangle patterns Coil, Flux, Stickers, Cat-Kin, Tupuk and the Sedgling/Shattuck combo
Tangle Patterns: Coil, Flux, Stickers, Cat-Kin, Tupuk
and the Sedgling/Shattuck combo



Diva #356 and the 2nd 'case of two tiles' and that surprised even me! I was sure I would give DIVA a miss this week as I am not much into name strings. But then I thought this 'way out' was too easy. After a good shaking of my head I thought I had it! Hide the name string! After all, is that not what tangle tile drawing is all about? Clever! And thus tile #1 was born.


DIVA challenge #356 with tangle pattern Wholly Hollibaugh.
Tangle Pattern:  Wholly Hollibaugh



I thought I might do a too good a job of hiding the name string and nobody believes there is one. Therefore an image of the string. Big 'S', turn 90' for 'u', turn 90' for 'e', S-u-e, my short unofficial sig.


S-u-e name string to DIVA 356
S-u-e name string to DIVA 356



Now that my name string tile went well, I felt like doing another one. (Yeah, surprised even me!) On tile #2 the string is clearly visible, "sng" (official Zentangle sig), but I also like the overall design. Out of a No-DIVA-Tile-For-This-Week I got two done all by applying a little self discipline.


DIVA challenge #356 with tangle patterns Fluxecho, Jib, Garlic Clove, Tipple
Tangle Patterns: Fluxecho, Jib, Garlic Clove, Tipple



Shell Xcape is a new tangle I instantly fell in love with when I saw M. Barlow introduce it to us on her YouTube channel. Clob, by Ragged Ray, is another one I had planned and never got a Round Tuit. (I got one now!*) Finally Split Ball. I call it Split Ball, always have, but I don't know whether it exists already. When I saw Ria's Tupuk I thought I can string up my balls as well. Maybe the tangle should now be called Spluk? Ria! What  do you think? Spluk? Hm...I like it!!!!


Inspired by...Shell Xcape, Clob, Split Ball (Spluk)
Inspired by...Shell Xcape, Clob, Split Ball (Spluk)




Here some of the Split Ball-cum-Spluk sketches

Split Ball-cum-Spluk sketches

Split Ball-cum-Spluk sketches



* BTW - if you, too, have no Round Tuit, get this one or tangle your own.



Animal Happy Day

Hey! California! If you are reading this, maybe you can help? Watch this video and help making it a Animal Happy Day to the very end. (PS: dog's paw is A-OK today)




And then there is Viktor again. I have been following Luna's recovery progress at Viktor's hospital ever since she arrived. The journey started painful; the journey lasted long, 4 months long; and the journey was difficult to watch...but what an 'Animal Happy Day' in the end!



Enjoy! and have a splendid weekend.





14 comments:

  1. Wow, the name-string tiles are so creative! You have endless imagination. The Luna video was heartbreaking, totally heartbreaking...who would do such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meridiana. Yes, people are (!) cruel, but that is not why I put it up. The video shows that there are people who just wouldn't give up saving our best friend and other loved pets.

      Delete
  2. Always glad to see your beautiful work Susie. I love the way you have drawn Tupuk on that splendid composition with gorgeous drawn organic patterns.Your name tile is stunning. You are lucky with that nice and curly s and you did a great job.The black and white tile is also very nice. I like your first result with Clob and those Split Balls ( Spluk) look great in the corner and on the sketches. I'm not sure if there is already such a tangle, I don't think so. All over the world, people are making new patterns every day and even me, AKA Poirot don't know them all but Spluk sounds good!!!
    Oh Susie, I'm glad to know there were nice people who helped those poor dogs but in fact I become very sad when I see such heartbreaking movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment on my tiles, Ria. As for Luna. Her in the forest is immensely, BUT there were good people who found her and did something about it and now the rest of her life is only positive. I know Viktor will (!) look for a very good home for her. He always hand-delivers his rescues!!!! Even to other countries. Be happy for Luna now.

      Delete
  3. Again, you have a successful week behind you, Susie!
    Although I'm not sure which of the two tiles for Joey I like better, I think it's great that you drew so spontaneously on the second one. Maybe the second is just living through your spontaneity and thus it seems less straightforward and planned. Both tiles are just wonderful.
    The name tiles are really brilliant, just great! And the yellow tile with the new pattern Spluk is also very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, Margarete. On different days I have different favs. Is that happening to you, too? Glad you like my Split Ball tangle. Maybe one day I get a Round Tuit to make a stepout. 😉😉😉

      Delete
  4. Susie, such beautiful tiles, thanks for sharing them.

    I so wish I was in a position to adopt Hermione...she is such a beautiful dog. What a miracle that the vet could save her foot...what miracle that so many people bonded just to rescue her! Thank you for sharing the animal videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous. Thanks so much for commenting on my animal videos. You helped just watching them, being aware again what is happening out there to our pets and animals overall. We need to change, we need to honor their lives, we need to hold animal abusers accountable. Will humanity ever agree on that?

      Delete
  5. What more can I say then 'WOW'?
    I love everything you show us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anne. I am glad you came to visit and leave your complimenting comment.

      Delete
  6. Amazing! each and every piece is stunning. not even gonna try to pic a fave;-) thanks for sharing your Split-Ball-Spluk;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele, for your lovely comment. Simple Split Ball and over-the-top Spluk, but I like them both.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful tiles Susie!! Your black and white name tile is stunningly beautiful! It's my favorite this week, but your other tiles are fabulous as well. I love how you used Jetties and Cruffle as the orbs inside Coil, and I love how you've drawn Tupuk on you yellow tile. And your Split-Ball and Spluk look like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for our kind comment, Lisa. The b&w name string was the last I drew for the week. I think once you got a challenge tile done and you are OK with it, if you then draw a second one you care less how it turns out. Less pressure I guess and more of the "just go for it" (there is always the bin...).

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...