JellyPages.com

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Joey 222, IAST 249, Calla, Maryhill Orchid, and a Headdress


Square One last week had Lily Moon's Amphora tangle (a tangle I have only seen drawn perfectly by the inventor herself!). After I finished it I couldn't quite decide whether it was a Red Indian Headdress or an old Roman War Helmet. The decision is in the eye of the beholder I assume.


Square One, week June 23rd, focus on Amphora, Veezy minus bubbles, Trique, Clob (for lack of knowing an other tangle name), Square (One) Printemps
Tangle Patterns:  Amphora, Veezy minus bubbles, Trique,
Clob (for lack of knowing an other tangle name), Square (One) Printemps



Joey's weekly challenge, #222, according to her blog, maybe her last. Not just her last in the Front and Center theme, but as her 'weekly challenge' overall series. This is sad and I am already missing venturing to her site late every Monday afternoon to find out what is on her challenge menu. Joey, thank you so very much for all the challenges you put out there for us! Should you ever reconsider, I will be right there following you again!

I made 2 tiles for Joey. The first is a pretty strict, no frill tile...


Joey's Weekly Challenge #222 with tangle Maryhill
Tangle Pattern: Maryhill



...and the 2nd is a more Maryhill abstract or inventive one - I call it my Maryhill Orchid.


Joey's Weekly Challenge #222 with tangle Maryhill, Miff, Raindotty, Tipple
Tangle Patterns: Maryhill, Miff, Raindotty, Tipple



I wanted to do a fun tile with Dublin, but I forgot how to draw Dublin and it turned out more like the flower Calla. I am sure this tangle exists already, hence my sincerest apology in advance for misnaming it.


Fun tile with Tangle Patterns: Calla, Sprangle, Sand Swirl, Tipple
Tangle Patterns: Calla, Sprangle, Sand Swirl, Tipple



IAST #249 with Abeko and Diva Dance or Rock 'n Roll. I hurried to get this done and posted and now I am off watering the gardens.

[10 min later] Oops, I am back. Forgot to bloody publish the post.

IAST Challenge #249 with tangles Abeko and Diva Dance or Rock 'n Roll
Tangle Patterns: Abeko, Diva Dance Rock 'n Roll



And here some real life stuff outside my tangles. I have a new cat visitor. No owner, no name and pregnant. But I know my cat-loving Swiss neighbor will adopt her and let her do her motherly nursing safe and sound in his storeroom-cum-cat nursery. Look at those beautiful light blue eyes...well, the whole cat is beautiful!

*** MISSING ***

Update July 1st: This morning my Swiss neighbor asked me
(and other neighbors he knew the cat visited), whether
I had seen the cat in the last 2 days. It seems, she has
gone missing, but we don't think she was ready yet to
give birth and therefore gone hiding somewhere.
Now, instead of enjoying a nice sunny Sunday,
we all worry about this stray cat!!!!

Nameless, ownerless, pregnant cat
Nameless, ownerless, pregnant cat





Now this is weird. This is a snake skin. I find them every once in a while, but mostly on my bathroom window. However, I never found one that had a knot in it. Believe me! I did not make that knot!!!


Snake skin knot
Snake skin knot



A cactus flower I got from my water pump repair guy. On his last visit he mentioned he has cactus blooming in his garden every day. I couldn't resist. I showed him a new 'opening' in my crowded garden and discretely mentioned that one of his cactus pots would be very welcome to occupy that space. The rest is history. Beautiful as these flowers are, they last but for a few hours.


Cactus flower



And last but not least my senior roommate darling Shadow. He will be 16 in about three months, September 7th to be precise.


My darling Shadow
My darling Shadow



Animal Happy Day

 ðŸŽ¶ Big boys don't cry🎵




And on a slightly different 🎵....

...one more LEGO brick, please!



Have a great weekend!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...