JellyPages.com

Saturday, June 02, 2018

DIVA 364(B), Joey's 218, eco-dyeing, a mosaic, stippling, and more


Another ✔️ on an item on my "I-Always-Wanted-To-Do-This" listing; this time for "eco-dying". I am anything but a cook so steaming for 2 hours (!) was out of the question, I had to come up with a fast and "raw" eco-dyeing technique and what jumped to mind was water colors. I am still testing, but the first results are not too bad.

Not sure I can still call it 'eco' but here is my first yellow 'eco'-dyed tile with focus on Keenees, an inspiration I got from this week's Square One.


Square One Focus tangle Keenees
Tangle Pattern: Keenees




Still under the theme "Front and Center" this week's Joey challenge, #218, features the tangle Dicso.


Joey's weekly challenge #218 with Dicso with some rocks
Tangle Patterns: Dicso with some rocks



...and cut from the same 'eco'-dyed paper as Keenees but featuring a variation of Dicso off-center.


Joey's weekly challenge #218 with Dicso
Tangle Pattern: Dicso



Here is the original yellow 'eco'-dyed water color paper I used for Keenees and Joey's challenge.

eco-dyed with water color and pressed with old leaves
eco-dyed with water color and pressed with old leaves



DIVA #364B or DIVA #364 of May 28th? I checked the site several times this week and wondered why the 364 didn't change to 365. Was the DIVA late again? Then I scrolled down just to make sure I didn't miss anything and there it was: DIVA #364: Puf!

My first DIVA tile got off to a bad start. I messed up Puf. So I messed it up even more (I mean if you mess up, mess up big) and now Puf is unrecognizable and I have a fun tile. Perfect!

Tangle Pattern used to be Puf, now it is Unrecognizable Puf
Tangle Pattern used to be Puf,
now it is Unrecognizable Puf



DIVA attempt #2. This tile is also made using the eco-dyeing water color technique, but this time I used it on normal drawing paper. I am still testing...


DIVA Challenge #364B or from May 28th with Tangle Patterns Puf and Lee Bee
Tangle Patterns: Puf, Lee Bee



I recently noticed that I haven't seen anything from Meridiana for a while. So I visited her site and found out, she had been very busy with a recent Zentangle workshop followed by her very own first real Zentangle teaching job. Congrats, M!

The workshop was basic stuff, but in her 3rd post I noticed a mosaic that interested me. I had to do it! Now! No adding another item to my infamous "I-Always-Wanted-To-Do-This" list. Thanks, Meridiana, for a great inspiration!

So here a quick tile with a great mosaic effect...


Single Mosaic tile with Tangle Patterns: Pokeroot, Crescent Moon, Hollibaugh, Tipple
Tangle Patterns: Pokeroot, Crescent Moon, Hollibaugh, Tipple


...and here the mosaic tiles comprised by above tile.

Big Mosaic tiles with Tangle Patterns: Pokeroot, Crescent Moon, Hollibaugh, Tipple

Big Mosaic tiles with Tangle Patterns: Pokeroot, Crescent Moon, Hollibaugh, Tipple

I am now the proud owner of my own Mosaic tiles!!!!

Update: WOW! Thanks, Meridiana, I am greatly honored!
You dedicate a 
whole post to me and my tile/mosaic. I am speechless!



♻️ This is another item from my "I-always-wanted-to-do-this" tile series. I don't refer to the tangle Rundl or Molygon (inspired by last week's DIVA "Remake"), but printed paper. This tile is cut out from the local Fascino drugstore glossy magazine...and it will be the only tile cut out from a glossy magazine (color pencil on glossy paper...nope!). Newspaper paper up next.


Fun Tile with Focus on Printed paper with tangles Rundl, Molygon and Sweet 101.
Tangle Patterns: Rundl, Molygon, Sweet 101



And the new tangle of the week is....Hearts & Diamonds by Helen Williams from a little lime. I made mine on a wonky grid and that forced me to put a spin on it. I couldn't do the lines as per pattern, only aura'd half of the hearts and filled the diamonds with duo color stippling.


Helen Williams' new Tangle Pattern: Hearts & Diamonds
Tangle Pattern: Hearts & Diamonds with 2 color stipling



♻️ A fun tile drawn on tracing paper glued on bed sheet packaging paper (= half recycle?). When I drew Bracco-Line, a gorgeous tangle, I realized how gracefully it flows into Ilac. Meanwhile I am still practicing my ribbons....


Fun Tile with Tangle Patterns: Aloha, Sand swirl, Ilac, Bracco-Line and a ribbon
Tangle Patterns: Aloha, Sand swirl, Ilac, Bracco-Line
and a ribbon



And finally Bracco-Line duo-colored stippled on a TT.


Tangle Pattern: Bracco-Line stippled
Tangle Pattern: Bracco-Line stippled


Animal Happy Day

Tissues! Tissues, please!




Enjoy and have a splendid week/weekend!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...