JellyPages.com

Monday, October 19, 2020

Inktober 2020, Octangling 2020, or TangleTober 2020...I Love them All Day 1-15 (part 1 of 2)


It's that time of year again....INKTOBER. It is the 3rd time I participate on this challenge. 31 days, 31 prompts...eh, no. Not quite. This challenge has grown roots and nowadays several lists are published by tanglers. 

The prompt lists are...

1. The Jake Parker (jp) Inktober 2020 list. He is the founder of this challenge and his prompts for the days can by anything you can spell.
2. The Stephanie Jennifer (sj) Inktober Tangles 2020 list. She is a tangler from my area, Singapore, and her listing comprises of tangle names. 
3. The Tangle All Around (taa) Octangling 2020 list. This is a Zentangle FB group 
4. The Pattern-Collection (pc) list. I think they call the list New-Tober. Pattern Collection, as its name tells, is also a very good source for tangle stepouts.
5. And last but not least the Silke Wagner (sw) TangleTober 2020 list. Her prompts are similar to Jake Parkers. 

Day 1 - Fish (jp), Flux (sj), and Jester (taa).


Inktober 2020 Day 1 with tangles Jester, Flux, and prompt Fish
Tangle Patterns: Jester, Flux - Fish



Day 2 - Wisp (jp), Jackstripes (sj), Snelly (taa), Ondalina (pc)


Inktober 2020 Day 2 with tangles Jackstripes, Snelly, Ondalina and prompt Wisp
Tangle Patterns: Jackstripes, Snelly, Ondalina - Wisp



Day 3 - Bulky (jp), Anthem (sj), Siri (taa), Pianorondo (pc). You maybe be wondering where the 'Bulky' comes in. Well, the black Anthems. Don't they look a bit 'bulky'. Anyway, as my German tangler friend would say: it is what it is.  


Inktober 2020 Day 3 with tangles Anthem, Siri, Pianorondo, and prompt Bulky
Tangle Patterns: Anthem, Siri, Pianorondo - Bulky



Day 4 - Unbirthday (sj), Meshmerize (taa), FloralySs (pc), Dots (sw)

Inktober 2020 Day 4 with tangles Unbirthday, Meshmerize, Floralyss, and prompt Dots
Tangle Patterns: Unbirthday, Meshmerize, FloralySs - Dots



Day 5 - Pepper (sj), Tint (taa), Any (pc), Mirror Image (sw).


INKtober 2020 Day 5 with tangles Pepper, Tint, Any and prompt Mirror Image
Tangle Patterns: Pepper, Tint, Any - Mirror Image



Day 6 - Henna Drum (sj), Brandywine (taa), Katerpy (pc)...and sadly no Rodent (jp) and no Root (sw).


Inktober 2020 day 6 with tangles Henna Drum, Brandywine, and Katerpy
Tangle Patterns: Henna Drum, Brandywine, Katerpy



Day 7 - Doodah (sj), Twisted Corners (taa), TingTing (pc) and a bit of (TingTing) Fancy (jp).

I posted this tile on Facebook and it was amazing how many different things tanglers saw in the illustration. I see a Fish! And a Squid! I see an Elephant! Reminds me of Salvador Dali's "Persistence of Memory", the melting clock faces. I see people dancing the tango... Nothing was intended and everything I can see, too. Can you?


Tangle Patterns: Doodah, Twisted Corners, TingTing - Fancy



Day 8 - Amarin (sj), Divi (taa), Celtik Around (pc) and there are 3 teeth (jp) somewhere on the tile, too.


Inktober 2020 day 8 with tangles Amarin, Divi, Celtik Around, and Teeth
Tangle Patterns: Amarin, Divi, Celtik Around - Teeth



Day 9 - Fugu (sj), Garlic Cloves (taa), Tong (pc), Cylinder (sw).


Inktober 2020 day 9 with tangles Fugu, Garlic Cloves, Tong - Cylinder
Tangle Patterns: Fugu, Garlic Cloves, Tong - Cylinder



Day 10 - Cadent (sj), Elbe (taa), Kiss (pc), Nose (sw from Day 11).


Inktober 2020 Day 10 with tangles Cadent, Elbe, Kiss - Nose
Tangle Patterns: Cadent, Elbe, Kiss - Nose



Day 11 - Divi (sj), Starfish-Too (taa), Maize (pc), Boat (sw from Day 10)


Inktober 2020 Day 12 with tangles Divi, Starfish-Too, Maize - Boat
Tangle Patterns: Divi, Starfish-Too, Maize - Boat


Day 12 - Bosch (sj), OyBay (taa), Dolmania (pc), Rose (sw). I am in the cellar looking for my mojo, it certainly is not in the attic. Yes, my creativity has dropped into a black hole probably.


Inktober 2020 Day 12 with tangles Bosch, OyBay, Dolmania - Rose
Tangle Patterns: Bosch, OyBay, Dolmania - Rose



Day 13 - Waybop (sj), Borbz (taa), Florious (pc). Here I follow the KISS method, Keep It Simple, Stupid. In any case, this, for me, is a real Zentangle classic tile.   {...and still no mojo}


Inktober 2020 Day 13 with tangles Waybop, Borbz, Florious
Tangle Patterns: Waybop, Borbz, Florious



Day 14 - Iugo (sj), Beauchamp (taa), Rota Mirrored (pc), Musically (sw).


Inktober 2020 Day 14 with tangles Iugo, Beauchamp, Rota Mirrored - Musically
Tangle Patterns: Iugo, Beauchamp, Rota Mirrored - Musically



Day 15 - Monotangle tile with Abukas (sj).


Inktober 2020 Day 15 with tangle Abukas
Tangle Patterns: Abukas



Day 15 - Abukas (sj), RunCC (taa), Motif (pc), Musically (sw)


Inktober 2020 Day 15 with tangles Abukas, RunCC, Motif - Musically
Tangle Patterns: Abukas, RunCC, Motif - Musically



And here my Inktober Inter-tangle-mezzo tile for half-time, October 15 1/2. Actually I started this tile way before Inktober 2020, but never got a round tuit. The lined flower inspiration came from Kaeyoshino, a Japanese artist on Instagram. 


Inktober 2020 day 15 1/2 Intermission tile with flux and lined flowers
Tangle Patterns: Flux, lined flowers


Killing Time

...and thus goes on my puzzle series. If you have missed the previous ones, refer to my last two posts. Here my clue to how it works. First below image reads: SANDBOX; now figure out 12-16. I know, it gets more and more difficult, but remember, solutions are at bottom of this post. You can always peak. 

Have fun!






Animal Happy Day

This is maybe not the kind of animal video I usually post, but .... well, please click and watch it!!! And it made me sadly happy that I am a tiny part of it. Sadly because I wished this all wasn't necessary. I wished our human race was particular kind to all (!) animals. But we are not and thus people like Viktor have these kind of paper collections.

Please click and watch! Thanks




In my next post I will publish a video about this little abandoned puppy freezing to death in Turkey. He was rescued, but there is where his luck ended. The story behind his short life is something I have never heard of. So stay tuned...



C.O. is well and so am I. However, I cannot say the same about the weather. Rainy, cold, clammy, greyish, unpleasant, depressing...I have no idea what I did to insult it so. But who wants to talk about the weather. So have a nice 2nd part of Inktober 2020. I have seen so many incredible tiles on facebook and instagram. Tanglers are fired up!



12. Circles under the eyes, 13. High chair, 14. Paradies, 15. Touchdown, 16. Six feet underground



4 comments:

  1. A nice post Susie with wonderful work, love your black Anthem and the transparence you created on the tile of day 9. But the end is very sad and I am ashamed that we, humans, treat other living beings so badly. The pic of the little dog is heartbraking and I don't know if I am able to read what has happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Ria. Yes, the video is depressing and I understand if you don't wan to watch next week's video. Although there is no visual mistreatment, the story is doubly (Huckleberry and Viktor) heartbreaking.

      Delete
  2. I love all your work but especially #6. They call my name and you do them beautifully. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, luvhymns. I am not sure who you are, but if I drew one of your tangles and you liked it that makes me happy.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...