JellyPages.com

Friday, March 17, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter K


It is 'Kay' week over at MadeByJoey's weekly alphabet challenge and #156, but, as for me, it could as well have been laundry week...Later.

Her challenge is a capital 'K' with the beautiful pattern kiss. I needed a few days to think about this challenge and the result is............... well, I...................... and then.................... is a................... yet still.................. and may....... that are............. a bit.

I am sure you will agree.

Lowercase k. I used the pattern kiss with only one other pattern: kuziem, the simple version. Furthermore, I have to give credit to Lori from allthingstangled for my background filler, the little black leaves from the kiss pattern (update: Lori has a brand new website called Doodle from the Heart). I noticed that Lori often takes a small part of a pattern and uses it as an ornament in another pattern, as a border decor, or as a background filler. I hope she doesn't mind my adaptation of her useful trick in my tangle here.


Patterns: Kiss, Kuziem



I managed to draw my capital K tile pretty close to Joey's original 'finish my tile' tile. Besides kiss I used a new pattern to me called kurlllz. It looks like this



I thought great, I can use the flowing bands to decorate the sturdy K, After I did the last embellishments I turned to rub my neck and looked out the window and what did I see? My laundry line with my old rags gently moving in the breeze looking oddly familiar to the hanging rags in my K tile.

Inspiration can hit you subconsciously. 
I better stay away from the backyard when drawing my tiles.



Patterns: Kiss, Kurlllz









6 comments:

  1. What gorgeous tiles!!

    And I love the fact that you use an outdoors clothes line, too!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes 2 of us, and I love it during rainy season when it rains for days with no end. [smile] Thanks, Joyce.

      Delete
  2. Last week, you mentioned famous words from Bette Davis. They are so true...
    I guess for everyone!(I didn't know the song)
    As usual, all your tiles look great, especially the last one is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song is from the movie 'Beaches' - it is about the friendship of 2 women from childhood till one dies. Love the movie.
      Especially the last one? The one with the laundry? Ria, I love you for it. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Love your Tangles Susie and had to laugh at how it really did look similar to your laundry line, thank goodness it wasn't garbage day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your comment early this morning while cuddling with my still dozing dog Shadow in bed. I had to laugh out so loud his head jerked up and knocked my mobile right out of my hand.
      >>>>>>>Fast forward>>>>>>>>
      It is now almost evening and I am still grinning from ear to ear. Right, what would have been had I looked lower?
      Thanks, Trudi.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...