JellyPages.com

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Helen's Journey B - Buttercup


Helen Williams from A Little Time published her second installment from her A-Z Journal: the 'B' for 'Buttercup'. Helen possesses a drawing talent with which she makes any pattern look inspiring and you just want to pick up that pen and try them out yourself. Mind you, I am no Helen Williams. I have already failed miserably following her String Rose pattern, which is just one string drawn in ovals, but my practiced String Roses never even came close to looking like hers.

However, B = Buttercup, by Sandy Steen Bartholomew, I have drawn before, so I gave it a try and drew two versions a la Helen Williams. The first are colored Buttercups in a wonky grid - similar to her design - with four round Buttercups in the middle. For the second version I stayed traditional Zentangle: black and white with a hint of shading. I chose to pull the grid apart and throw each single squared buttercup randomly on the tile.

Colored version


Helen's Journey B Zentangle Pattern Buttercup
Patterns: Buttercup

Helen;s Journey B Zentangle Pattern Buttercup
Patterns: Buttercup



Now you might wonder where is Helen's 'A'. Well, her first, or A, journal entry was published January 31st 2017. She represented her 'A' with a beautiful design using the pattern Abeko. She mentioned that she will go through the whole alphabet, but publishing will be intermittently and that it will be a long term project. At the time I didn't know how long 'long' was or how irregular 'intermittently' was... Now I know and that makes the project an approximately 2 and a half years venture. Hence, I decided I will go back to her 'A' = Abeko and let myself being inspired to follow her journey. I know, 2 and a half years is a long time commitment, but, for the life of  me, I just want to give it a try. Helen, lead on.

There is only one thing left to say: Thank you very much, Helen, for sharing your beautiful tiles with us. I am looking forward to 'C'.





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous! Love them both but the coloured version is just stunning. You've inspired me to give the pattern a go with colour, too as I like your buttercup way better than mine! I love how we go in different directions from the same base pattern. I'm only two assessment rounds (I prefer to say it like that rather than the 12 assignments that this will actually entail) until I am done with school - about 10-12 weeks. After that is done I'm hoping my pace with this journal will pick up dramatically ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh WOW! That coming from you?! Jeez, I am extremely flattered and then some. Thank you so much, Helen! And don't you worry about speed. First I have to step back to your A and then....well, I am not going anywhere.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...