JellyPages.com

Sunday, September 16, 2018

IAST 260, DIVA 367, and FB's Ready, Set, Anything Goes challenge


♻️ 'Nzeppel, or Crazy 'Nzeppel, is the featured tangle in DIVA #367. Am not sure what "Crazy 'Nzeppel" really is, but figured it must be different to the normal one. So I made my own "different" 'Nzeppel, the "Pointy 'Nzeppel", short for "Any 1-Corner Pointed 'Nzeppel", and added Klabue. Tile is my favorite packaging material.


DIVA challenge #367 with Tangle Pattern 'Nzeppel and Klabue
Tangle Patterns: Pointy 'Nzeppel, Klabue



We all love 'Nzeppel, so I had to do it again: My 2018 'Nzeppel study. I recall DIVA having an 'Nzeppel challenge running in July last year where I also made a study, even with an update. This 2018 'Nzeppel study is about a string. I used this string in all the tiles more than once:


The String



First 'Nzeppel tile with a shadow; 2nd tile the same string twice, at 90' to each other and beadlines; 3rd tile the same string twice, at 45' and moved down an inch; last tile the same string 3x with Pointy 'Nzeppel.


Inspired by DIVA challenge #367. This 'Nzeppel study is about a string used 2 and 3 times in the tiles together with tangles Beadlines, Heart Beat, and Poiny 'Nzeppel
Tangle Patterns: 'Nzeppel, Beadlines, Heart Beat, Poiny 'Nzeppel.



A new challenge called "Ready, Set, Anything Goes" has arisen on Facebook and the 2nd challenge runs under the title "Alphabet Soup". The good thing, no string and no preset tangles...as it says: Anything Goes. My tile is called Double D, not as in bra size, but for Dagobert Duck.

Thanks, Meridiana, for emailing the info.


Ready, Set, Anything Goes with string DD and Tangle Patterns: Sprigs, Farling
Tangle Patterns: Sprigs, Farling



In case you do not believe me...Dagobert's Duck Safe




Adele from TickledToTangle has her 5th IAST (It is a String Thing) challenge anniversary with her 260th edition. 5 candles on the tile are deservedly so, decorated with the tangles Kitl, Prestwood, O (for Oscar - one of her own tangles), and Knightsbridge, a classic tangle. I tried to do better for this occasion than last year and will actually stay with the string Adele provided. But it wasn't to be; it didn't work out for me. I tried real hard, made several attempts, but never succeeded for the tile to look pleasing to anyone's eye. So I gave up and almost gave up on the challenge itself, too. However, Sunday morning came along and I chastised myself for being so stupid. "Just draw 5 candles, dah! How difficult can that be? And show a bit more gratitude, woman!"

And so I did.
Dear Adele, thanks so much for all the fantastic challenges (and some are real challenges) you entertained us throughout the last 5 years. I may not always send in my tiles, but I do hop over to your site every Wednesday morning as if the day is stenciled into my DNA. A very Happy 5th Anniversary, Adele!
PS: if you see a 6th candle...totally unintended!


IAST challenge #260 with Tangle Patterns: Kitl, Prestwood, O, Knightsbridge
Tangle Patterns: Kitl, Prestwood, O, Knightsbridge




IAST #259 with tangles Hollibaugh, 7Keys, Sling-Slang, Diamonte. Am I the only tangler in the whole world who didn't get last week's IAST challenge? Or is my whole being so averted to ribbons that my brain never registered the string was all about ribbons?


IAST #259 with Tangle Patterns: Hollibaugh, 7Keys, Sling-Slang, Diamonte
Tangle Patterns: Hollibaugh, 7Keys, Sling-Slang, Diamonte



And now a little something different...

Quiz part 1 of 2

Quiz part 1 is the question, part 2 the answer. It will be revealed in my next week's post. So....
What is this?
Hint: it might not be the obvious. Good luck.



....and now to some....



....Animal Happy Day

Duck's on the menu this week. Even if you do not like duck, you will love this one!




Wishing you a great week and stay out of the bad weather.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...