JellyPages.com

Saturday, September 08, 2018

DIVA 365, Summer Tangles, SQ1, Refresher 186


Summer Tangles 2018 Finale! I did it! Thank you, Yankee Tangler. Okay, you noticed, I missed 3 days (August 3 with Dingbatz August 23 with Zenribbon and August 31 with Macrotangle (work large). I may still do them at a later stage, but for now I lean back and enjoy a fine can of beer to celebrate this Finale and Shadow's Sweet 16 Birthday. He made it!

♻️ August 25 & 26 with Zenith and Snail tangles respectively and Florz. I am glad I disgarded my earlier tile with Zenith and two other tangles. I like this much better although it doesn't yet meet the standards for 'just a tiny taste of tangle', a phrase taken off one of Ragged Ray's old DIVA challenge pages, which I aimed for. (Recycled tile from packaging material.)


Summer Tangles 2018 August 25 & 26 with Zenith and Snail tangles respectively and with a bit of Florz on notenoughtime.blogpost.com
Tangle Patterns: Zenith, Snail, with a bit of Florz



August 28 - Celtic Knot with August 18 - Frames. I chose 'Frames' as a tangle this time and weaved it into the corners (last week I made frames). I think it is a great extension to this particular Celtic Knot. Mooka 'frames' the Knot/Frames combo.


Summer Tangles 2018 - August 28 - Celtic Knot with August 18 - Frames with Mooka
Tangle Patterns: Celtic Knot with Frames at corners and Mooka



August 29 - Cayke (flowers) and September 3 - Spoolies


Summer Tangles 2018 August 29 - Cayke and September 3 - Spoolies with Tipple and Zinger
Tangle Patterns: Cayke, Spoolies, Tipple, Zingger



September 2 - Z-Trik with another double: Irradial. Garnishing: Jetties and some leafy pods.


September 2 - Z-Trik with another double: Irradial
Tangle Patterns: Z-Trik, Irradial, Jetties



August 22 & 24 with Arc Flower and Lollywimple, accompanied by Hexonu.


Summer Tangles August 22 & 24 with Arc Flower and Lollywimple, accompanied by Hexonu.
Tangle Patterns: Arc Flower, Lollywimple, Hexonu.


♻️ August 30 - DL Labyrinth and September 1 - Maryhill and Square One week  August 31 to September 6 with PeelD.(Recycled tile from packaging material.)


Summer Tangles 2018 with August 30 - DL Labyrinth and September 1 - Maryhill and Square One week  August 31 to September 6 with PeelD
Tangle Patterns: DL Labyrinth, Maryhill, PeelD



Inspired by Summer Tangles September 1, a tiny tile with Maryhill and Florz-Starz


Inspired by Summer Tangles September 1, a tiny tile with Maryhill and Florz-Starz
Tangle Patterns: Maryhill, Florz-Starz



Refresher #186 with Flukes, Amadou, Soluna, Knightspeek, Achy Breaky.


Refresher #186 with Flukes, Amadou, Soluna, Knightspeek, Achy Breaky
Tangle Patterns: Flukes, Amadou, Soluna, Knightspeek, Achy Breaky



DIVA challenges are back and there are a lot of tanglers all over the world that are jumping up and down with joy - I am one of them! Thanks Laura!

♻️ So DIVA challenge #365 runs under the theme "Back to Basics": a simple string with some of the first and most popular tangles. When I read the  tangle list I instantly missed Pokeroot, so I decided to do a Pokeroot and Pokeleaf string and to link the tangles one to the other. I admit, this tile looks spooky. Skull jumps to mind. (Recycled tile from packaging material.)


DIVA #365 with Tangle Patterns: Hollibaugh, Crescent Moon, Printemps, Keeko String: Pokeroot and Pokeleaf
Tangle Patterns: Hollibaugh, Crescent Moon, Printemps, Keeko
String: Pokeroot and Pokeleaf



♻️ Square One week September 7 - 13: Bran. When I first saw Bran I didn't give it a second thought. I was certain I was going to skip this challenge. Friday evening, with all my chores done for the day, Bran jumped to mind again: 'Why not?'. I grabed a piece of copier paper and pen and looked whether I can come up with something I like and that looks vaguely similar to Bran. 2 minutes later I got it! And now I am glad I gave Bran a chance (and a new look). (Recycled packaging)


Square One week September 7 - 13: Bran
Tangle Patterns: Bran



Shadow had his 16th birthday yesterday. The Happy Birthday 'party' was pretty quiet with just him and me attending, but he didn't complain. I went to the market and bought 30 different fish balls for him. He loooooves those soft tasty snacks, so easy to eat. Bones have been off the treat list for quite a while. He still has left-overs, so we are celebrating 'Happy Birthday' a few days longer.



After the party it was right back to R&R....except for his stomach.




Animal Happy Day

I admit, this kind of videos I am not particulary fond of. No moving pictures only stills, and stills that repeat themselves over and over again and the storyteller's voice is robotic; still, I clicked on the white arrow - the title, it is somewhat intriguing - and I ended up with tears of joy and sadness.



Enjoy the weekend and any Birthday party you have coming up this week!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...