JellyPages.com

Saturday, October 05, 2019

Inktober 2019; Hump Day 14; Square One; and Refresher 204


Square One September 20-26 featuring Soluna. I put it into Lollywimple.


Square One September 20-26 with Soluna in Lollywimple
Tangle Patterns: Soluna, Lollywimple



And here we are at Hump Day #14 - Clouds. The other day while jogging at the beach (I jog or walk almost daily at the beach) I came across the most beautiful dramatic sunset. However, I didn't have my phone with me. So the next day I made sure it was in my pocket, but of course, it wasn't the same. Still, I took this shot which became the base for my HD 14 tile. I am in no doubt you can clearly see the similarity. The tangles used in the adaptation are Pop-Cloud, Msst, and Sea Wave.


Hump Day #14 with the theme Clouds. Tangles used Pop-Cloud, Msst, Sea Wave
Tangle Patterns: Pop-Cloud, Msst, Sea Wave



...and here when it was Photoshop raining.🌧


Hump Day #14 with the theme Clouds. Tangles used Pop-Cloud, Msst, Sea Wave and with Photoshop Rain
Tangle Patterns: Pop-Cloud, Msst, Sea Wave and with Photoshop Rain


---------------------------------------------
“BTW: if you don't have Photoshop but would like to have access to a very similar app, here is the link to an online graphics/photo editing application that looks and works just like a light version of the original PS. Click here to visit Photopea. Click here for a tutorial.”
---------------------------------------------




...And thus started Inktober 2019. I am working with 4 very 'unofficial' Official Inktober 2019 lists:

Jake Parker's (JP),
Stephanie Jennifer's (SJ),
Tangle All Around's (TAA) in Facebook, and last but not least
Pattern Collection's (PC).

I will combine the lists and pick prompts from up to 3 days and give them a theme (giving a theme turned out to be the real challenge here). So this, my first Inktober 2019 tile, sports the following tangles under the theme....

Dreamcatcher

Oct 1 - Ring (JP) for "Dreamcatcher"; Printemps (SJ); Baubles (TAA)
Oct 2 - Line Dance (TAA); TunnelVizion (SJ)
Oct 3 - Lada (PC); Toodles (SJ)


Inktober 2019 Oct 1-3 with Ring for Dreamcatcher and the tangles Printemps, Baubles, Line Dance, TunnelVizion, Lada, Toodles
Tangle Patterns: Printemps, Baubles, Line Dance, TunnelVizion, Lada, Toodles


Frozen 2

My Inktober's 2nd tile I aptly call "Frozen 2" (just like the cartoon movie) according to JP's prompt Oct 4 Freeze. I know, this is INK (!) tober, but...there is always a but, I just can't think of a good excuse right now. Anyway, I populated the "Frozen 2" tile with below mentioned tangles and added some snowflakes and icicles. Not proud of it, but it IS a tile!!!

Oct 4 - Freeze (JP) for "Frozen 2"; Snow Flower (PC); Zonked (SJ)
Oct 5 - Jalousie (SJ)
Oct 6 - Flukes (SJ)


Inktober 2019 Oct 4-6 with Freeze for the movie "Frozen 2" and tangle prompts Snow Flower, Zonked, Jalousie, Flukes
Tangle Patterns: Snow Flower, Zonked, Jalousie, Flukes 


Mutualism

My Inktober's 3rd tile I call "Mutualism" loosely interpreted by JP's Oct 2 prompt "Bait". Imagine the Bud Heads are aquatic Venus Flytraps and they live in a symbiotic relationship with Paradox where Paradox is their rooting bed and Bud Head 1 lures in Tipple parasites as food for Paradox. Well, that is what I was thinking of when I remembered the symbiotic relationship of clownfish and sea anemones. I added (Sea)Ur-chen to give the scene a more credible underwater feel.

Oct 2 - Bait (JP) for "Mutualism"
Oct 4 - Paradox (PC)
Oct 5 - Bud Head 1 (PC)
Oct 6 - Ur-chen (PC)


Inktober 2019 Oct 2 and 4-6 with Bait for "Mutualism" and tangle prompts Paradox, Bud Head 1 and Ur-chen
Tangle Patterns: Paradox, Bud Head 1, Ur-chen (PC)


Swing Low...

Inktober tile #4. I didn't have to think twice about which of JP prompts I should choose for the theme: "swing"! Anytime. Swing for "Swing Low...". 'Turn me Loose and let me Swing Swing' would have been a better choice, but it was just way too long. So here we go, the prompts:

Oct 7 - I'am Watching You (PC)
Oct 8 - Praa (TAA); Bales (SJ)
Oct 9 - MySwing (TAA); Lola (SJ); Wrapping (PC); Swing (JP)


Inktober 2019 Oct 7-9 with "Swing Low" and tangles I'am Watching You, Praa, Bales, MySwing, Lola, Wrapping
Tangle Patterns: I'am Watching You, Praa, Bales, MySwing, Lola, Wrapping


Ornamented

Inktober tile #5 I dedicate entirely to Jake Parker's Oct 10th prompt he listed as "Pattern". And "Ornamented" it is. That is the tile is ornamented. I was inspired to this pattern after I joined the Pattern Collection's Designer Group. I was told by Ina Sonnenmoser to start with lesson 1, creating a ribbon pattern. Half-heatedly I wired my brain cells to a pattern designer mood and came up with this. And yes, it can be used as a ribbon. Now all that is left is to make it a ribbon and send it in to Ina S. (Maybe she will slap my wrist again.) 😱

Oct 10 - Pattern (JP)


Inktober 2019 Oct 10 with "Ornamented" and my - yet -  unnamed ribbon tangle
Tangle Patterns: My - yet - unnamed ribbon tangle



Drogon

My #6 tile for Inktober 2019 is more of a flower power tile than a nasty "Drogon", the theme I took from Jake Parker's list for day 12. The "Drogon" theme needs no explanation though. Anyone who watched Game of Thrones is familiar with Daenerys' pets.

Oct 10 - Windmill (TAA) (Hiroko Matsuo/Ina Sonnenmoser), Cubine (SJ)
Oct 11 - Victorian Flake (TAA), InaFlux (SJ), X's and O's (PC)
Oct 12 - Floo (SJ), Dragonfly (TAA), Dragon (JP) 


Inktober 2019 Oct 10-12 with "Drogon" and tangles Windmill, Cubine, Victorian Flake, InaFlux, X's and O's, Floo, Dragonfly, Dragon
Tangle Patterns: Windmill, Cubine, Victorian Flake, InaFlux, X's and O's, Floo, Dragonfly, Dragon



...and then I had to digitally color it a bit.

Inktober 2019 Oct 10-12 with "Drogon" and tangles Windmill, Cubine, Victorian Flake, InaFlux, X's and O's, Floo, Dragonfly, Dragon colored


Inktober 2019 to be continued...


(Find Inktober 2019 list and tile collection in my Google Photo Album.)



Refresher #204 from tanglepatterns.com with tangles Spoken, Asgard, Shorely, Spangle, and Zenjellies. For this tile I used a Micron Sepia 003 pen. Love it


Refresher #204 with Spoken, Asgard, Shorely, Spangle, Zenjellies
Tangle Patterns: Spoken, Asgard, Shorely, Spangle, Zenjellies


If interested, click here for listing/prompts/tiles for all Refreshers since the first published.



Now for the real Fun...

Language Evolution

Evolution? Really?!



You can Make it an Animal Happy Day

Viktor Larkhill of the Spanish animal rescue "Let's Adopt" is on a new mission as we speak. Spain experienced tremendous rainfall in the south causing unbelievable damage. Suffering are also Animal Shelters. If you have a heart for animals please watch the video and if you can afford it...click on the youtube link where you will find a support link in the description below the video.


Animal Happy Day

When I came across this video I knew I had to put it into my post. Swimming with wild dolphins in open water was always a dream of mine (I used to be a PADI scuba diving instructor for 11 years). The closest I came was at the end of a scuba dive in the Maldives. I was waiting to be assisted out of the water when I heard people on the boat shout "Dolphins! Dolphins!". Still in my gear I ducked under and - indeed - watched a whole pod passing by the boat. I was elated and excited, punched the water to get their attention while sucking air from my regulator like mad... and then they were gone as quickly as they came. Not one - NOT ONE! -  had looked in my direction to flip a hello, let alone show a sign of noticing me. (One of my other dreams: hanging on to a whale shark's mouth to find out what I can see on the inside, however, did turn real while fun diving off Similan Islands (Thailand).)




...and a last quiz: What kind of baby animal is this? Find out here.



***** Thanks so much for visiting and have a great weekend! *****





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...