JellyPages.com

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

7F5R; Square One; Refresher 219; Project Pack #12; My new Tangle...; Inspired by... and with Video Tutorials


7F5R Tea & Tangle Tuesday and Fortnightly challenges

7F5R Tea & Tangle Tuesday (TTT) challenge December 1 is about Cyme - or See-Me as it is pronounced. 

7F5R Tea and Tangle Tuesday December 1 Challenge is about Cyme - or See-Me.
Tangle Pattern: Cyme



7F5R TTT November 10 challenge sporting the tangle Moonesque with Cadent.

Tangle Patterns: Moonesque, Cadent



7F5R TTT December 8 with tangle Salt.

7F5R TTT December 8 with tangle Salt
Tangle Pattern: Salt



Another 7F5R TTT challenge. This is from December 21 and sported the weird named tangle !ion!ioo. I never liked the single version of it, but when I saw the several layered one proposed as a variation, I warmed up to it. And because it is Christmas I added a bit of green to the red.

7F5R TTT challenge Dec 7 with tangle !ion!ioo
Tangle Patterns: !ion!ioo


Square One

Square One Purely Zentangle December 4-10 featuring the tangle Miff. I have one Miff stripe and several "Miffed" and "Miffted" alterations.

Square One Purely Zentangle December 4-10 with the tangle Miff
Tangle Pattern: Miff with "Miffed" and "Miffted"



Square One Purely Zentangle November 27 to December 3 with tangle Oasis. Everything on this tile is Oasis, from ground ribbon over trees up to stars including the star dots, which, unfortunately, are way too far away to be recognized.

Square One Purely Zentangle Nov 27-Dec3 with tangle Oasis
Tangle Pattern: Oasis


Refreshers

Refresher #219 with tangle 5-pack Centipede, Unbatz, Safflower, 8 Double C, Daisy Chain.

Refresher #219 with tangle 5-pack Centipede, Unbatz, Safflower, 8 Double C, Daisy Chain
Tangle Patterns: Centipede, Unbatz, Safflower, 8 Double C, Daisy Chain


ZHQ Project Pack #12 - 12 Days of Christmas 2020

Day 2 - Huggins, Mooka, and DooDah

Project Pack #12 Day 2 - Huggins, Mooka, and DooDah
Tangle Patterns: Huggins, Mooka, DooDah



Day 3 - Well

Project Pack #12 Day 3 - Well
Tangle Pattern: Well



Day 5 - Fife

Project Pack #12 Day 5 - Fife
Tangle Pattern: Fife



Day 6 - Scena and Targent - a tile overworked and underperformed.

Project Pack #12 Day 6 - Scena and Targent

Tangle Pattern: Scena, Targent



Day 7 - Paradox and Flux

Project Pack #12 Day 7 - Paradox and Flux
Tangle Patterns: Paradox, Flux



Day 9 - Festune, Purk, and Amaze or Stiritup.

Project Pack #12 Day 10 - Festune, Purk, and Amaze or Stiritup
Tangle Patterns: Festune, Purk, and Amaze or Stiritup



Day 10 - Moon Pie

Project Pack #12 day 10 Moonnpie

Tangle Pattern: Moon Pie

Project Pack #12 - day 10 Moonpie



Day 11 - Drawings. I let myself being influenced by Shi Naritomi. Added Pokeroot, Flux, Mooka, Toodle (only one), Aura-Leah, Bronx Cheer, Sedgling, Crescent Moon, Antidots.

Project Pack #12 Day 11 - Drawings with many other tangles
Tangle Patterns: Drawings, Pokeroot, Flux, Mooka, Toodles, Aura-Leah,
Bronx Cheer, Sedgling, Crescent Moon, Antidots


Missing are day 1, 4, 8 and 12, Yeap, there is still work to be done in this Project Pack... Ah! this is stressful! And it feels like I am working on an outdated project.


Inspired by - Tangles...

Inspired by...Arabel. Every once in a while I just want to draw a grid tangle straight forward without altering or distort the original. The paper is awful to draw on, but I guess you can't argue its impact.

Inspired by...the grid tangle Arabel
Tangle Pattern: Arabel



Inspired by...the new tangle Akebia by Gloria Barocio with some awkward Fescu on the first tile and as a corner element on the second.

Inspired by - Akebia with Fescu
Tangle Patterns: Akebia and Fescu

Inspired by - Akebia
Tangle Patterns: Akebia


...And Inspired by - Video Tutorials by Zentangle Artists

YouTube is the go-to video channel when looking for Zentangle video tutorials by Zentangle artists. Many are easy to follow tuts like the Eva Wu Zentangle ones, which I found while visiting the Time for Tangling website. Linda G. followed and posted a tile Eva Wu demonstrated in her video 1345. It looked easy so I gave it a try, too...twice actually. The first in color, drawn on a ♻️ recycled packaging cardboard. I didn't like it so I gave it another try just mono-colored on a water colored background tile and I am much happier with that version.

YouTube Eva Wu channel with video 1345 and tangles Mooka, Flux and Spirals


YouTube Eva Wu channel with video 1345 and tangles Mooka, Flux and Spirals
Tangle Patterns: Mooka, Flux and Spirals



Another video tutorial this time by Ria Matheussen - actually her first tutorial - called "Create your own winter greeting card". I combined it with the Dec 4-10th Square One's tangle prompt Miff. I added Miffed (or is it "Miffted"?), an unofficial, not introduced to the public alteration of Miff.

YouTube Ria Matheussen channel with video 1 and tangles Miff and Miffed or Miffted, a Square One Dec 4-10 prompt
Tangle Patterns: Miff and Miffed or Miffted



Shie Naritomi had another video tutorial I ached to follow. The tangle is called Star-Ing and the YouTube video is here

Video Tutorial by Shie Naritomi using tangle Star-Ing
Tangle Pattern: Star-Ing



Another Eva Wu video tutorial - #1283. The leaves with the mooka pairs are drawn in a growing spiral.

Eva Wu video tutorial #1283 with leaves and mooka pairs
Leaves with Mooka pairs


My new Tangle...

..."Knobby Fesue I.Am" (please note: it is feSUE as in my name and not feSCU), here with Paradox in a 69 string I found on Pinterest. The inspiration to "Knobby Fesue I.Am" I found yet on another Pinterest page. 

My new Tangle "Knobby Fesue I.Am with Paradox in 69 String
Tangle Patterns: Paradox, Knobby Fesue I.Am



Stepout to Knobby Fesue I.Am

My new Tangle "Knobby Fesue I.Am step out
Tangle Pattern step out for Knobby Fesue I.Am 


Time to Kill

It is getting more and more difficult....so here the first set of my second puzzle quiz - 4 in all. "SANDBOX" is once again your clue and - as always - the results are at the bottom of this post in the smallest, tiniest font size just in case you accidentally scroll down and read what you didn't wanted to read just yet.


Puzzles 1-4. Good luck.




Animal Happy Day

These kind of elephant videos I adore....




A private thought: if this is Global Warming I don't want to experience Global Cooling. Wow! it is ... ehh...pretty cold here and has been for the last 2 months and I live in the Chonburi area of the tropical country of Siam (Thailand). However, C.O. thoroughly enjoys it.

Here C.O. puts himself in 'Lockout' on his wall lookout seat...
Here C.O. puts himself in 'Lockout' on his wall lookout seat...

...and here he sunbathes in the first early morning winter sunrays
...and here he sunbathes in the first early morning winter sunrays

Thanks for visiting and I hope you
can make the best out of this crazy time
we live in!


1. Split-second timing, 2. A long letter from home, 3. Ping-Pong (P in G, P on G), 4. Six of one, half a dozen of another





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful interpretations in a typical Susie style, love the different faces you show of Cyme and Paradox, two beautiful compositions with Akebia, a great tile, created after seeing my video tutorial (thanks again for putting it on your post) and also that tile you made after the video of Eva Wu is gorgeous. Congratulations with Knobby Fescu I am looks pleasant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Ria. I love Akebia and concerning Paradox I am not sure we have seen all the possibilities yet. It is not so much the simplicity of Paradox but the string you put it in.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...