JellyPages.com

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Refreshers 198, 200; IAST 292, 293, 294; Square One; 100DayProject, All Stars and Ellipse and more...


We finally reached Refresher #200 with its tangles Waybop, Cirli, Companion, Chaist, and Cross-ur-Heart. I have the whole collection and at this milestone I have to decide whether I want to continue drawing each newly published prompts. The series might also end; Refresher 200 was 3 weeks overdue. An ominous sign? Time will tell. (I wrote this many weeks ago. Meanwhile 201 has been published and I decided to continue drawing each and every Refresher.)



Refresher #200 with tangles Waybop, Cirli, Companion, Chaist, Cross-ur-Heart
Tangle Patterns: Waybop, Cirli, Companion, Chaist, Cross-ur-Heart



Refresher #198 with tangles Chainging and Punzel, Apacore, Scallamp, Purze, C-View.


Refresher challenge #198 with tangles Chainging and Punzel, Apacore, Scallamp, Purze, C-View
Tangle Patterns: Chainging and Punzel, Apacore, Scallamp, Purze, C-View



Square One week of May 17-23 with tangle Bekk.


Square One May 17-23 with Bekk
Tangle Pattern: Bekk



Square One week May 10 to 16 with tangle Tangled U's.


Square One week May 10 to 16 with tangle Tangled U's and Beadlines
Tangle Patterns: Tangled U's and Beadlines




Another IAST challenge, #292 where I took it very 'liberal' (not in the political sense I may add) with the given tangles Fife, Fuenf and Furr Balls - of which I don't even have one full ball.


IAST challenge #292 with Fife, Fuenf, Furr Balls
Tangle Patterns: Fife, Fuenf, Furr Balls



And then there is my very dirty IAST tile for challenge #293 with tangles Partay, Pixioze, Croon. Again and again I put it in front of me, trying hard to make it look better, cleaner, but not even the bright yellow dots and lines could save it. I guess we all have one of those misfits in our repertoire.


IAST challenge #293 with tangles Partay, Pixioze, Croon
Tangle Patterns: Partay, Pixioze, Croon



I think I got it this time. IAST #294 with new tangle Happy does actually look like "Happy". The tile just got a bit too pinkish, but I can't blame "Happy" for that.


IAST challenge #294 with new tangle Happy
Tangle Pattern: Happy



Inspired by...Zenith. Zenith was a 100DayProject prompt for May 19. Somehow I got inspired to do a bit more with it and on normal 9x9 cm tile.


Inspired by...Zenith with Diva Dance
Tangle Patterns: Zenith, Diva Dance



Another Inspired by... tile - Z-Trik, a given prompt for June 14. When I had finished that tile, I felt like going on drawing lines. Hence this simple mini monotangle tile was born.


Inspired by...Z-Trik
Tangle Pattern: Z-Trik



My 100DayProject titled...

*** 1Day1Tangle1Tile 2019 ***


...and on goes my monotangle theme under the 100DayProject for 2019. However, there is good and bad news. The bad news: We are still 40 days off the finish line. The good news: We are past the half way point.

Below 7 more tiles containing 4 monotangle tiles. Again, I try to find a variation for the daily tangles. While I mostly fail sometimes I succeed to 'hide' the original, e.g.: May 30's Mountain in group 15.

So here we go...


Group 11 with May 12: Pod Flower, May 13: Block'd, May 14: Blooming Butter, May 15: Floatfest. May 12 - Pod Flower, a new grid tangle by Helen Williams, was not one of the suggested prompts, but as from time to time on weekends there was none posted so I squeezed this beautiful tangle in. May 13 - I think I can safely say that this is a no-tangle tile. I used Block'd as a string and filled it with dice dots and some lines. May 14 - Blooming Butter with Fescu petals.


100DayProject with May 12: Pod Flower, May 13: Block'd, May 14: Blooming Butter, May 15: Floatfest
Tangle Patterns: Pod Flower, Block'd, Blooming Butter, Floatfest



Group 12 with May 16: X, May 17: Xplode, May 18: Onamato, May 19: Zenith.


100DayProject with May 12: Pod Flower, May 13: Block'd, May 14: Blooming Butter, May 15: Floatfest
Tangle Patterns: X, Xplode, Onamato, Zenith



Group 13 with May 20: Stwist, May 21: Shirley, May 22: Mazorito, May 23: F2F (Fringe to Fringe). May 21 - my 2 Shirley strips got a bit too close to each other and promptly got entangled. May 22 - Mazorito: angry birds of pray or masks of the damned - could be both. May 23 - F2F is probably the easiest tangle by Tomas Padros. I tried it with all kinds of shapes, but with leaves (or with his Chlorophilia tangle) it turned out to be my favorite. As an exception to my 100DayProject 2019 theme 1Day1Tile1Tangle, here I morphed F2F into Chlorophilia.


100DayProject with May 20: Stwist, May 21: Shirley, May 22: Mazorito, May 23: F2F (Fringe to Fringe morphing into Chlorophilia)
Tangle Patterns: Stwist, Shirley, Mazorito, F2F (Fringe to Fringe morphing into Chlorophilia)



Group 14 with May 24: Sling Slang, May 25: Cubine, May 26: Squid, May 27: Odir. May 25 - Cubine in an ogee grid where the ogee seeds are sliced in half resulted in 'Tribine'.


100DayProject with May 24: Sling Slang, May 25: Cubine, May 26: Squid, May 27: Odir
Tangle Patterns: Sling Slang, Cubine, Squid, Odir



Group 15 with May 28: Tut, May 29: YouDoo, May 30: Mountain, May 31: Jester. May 28 - Tut, my personal favorite of the 4, but May 30 - Mountain, is my best variation.


100DayProject with May 28: Tut, May 29: YouDoo, May 30: Mountain, May 31: Jester
Tangle Patterns: Tut, YouDoo, Mountain, Jester



Group 16 with June 1: Enyshou, June 2: Marasu, June 3: Arkand, and June 4: Ratoon.


100DayProject with  June 1: Enyshou, June 2: Marasu, June 3: Arkand, June 4: Ratoon
Tangle Patterns: Enyshou, Marasu, Arkand, Ratoon



Group 17 with June 5: Floria, June 6: Dooleedo, June 7: Sprigs, and June 8: Pax.


100DayProject with June 5: Floria, June 6: Dooleedo, June 7: Sprigs, June 8: Pax
Tangle Patterns: Floria, Dooleedo, Sprigs, Pax


All Stars? Ellipse?

Last but not least in my tangle exploration is a "study" of All Stars and Ellipse. All Stars was a prompt in Square One during the week May 24-30. I think Ellipse was introduced shortly after or during that week. Honestly, I think one is just a variation of the other. With some of my tiles I didn't follow the stepout, but drew S-curves which was a lot faster for me.

This All Stars/Ellipse testing tile was my first of many. I drew this tile with mainly All Stars in mind and in a wonky grid and filled it with Ruutz. The fine lines is the wonky grid and if you look closely all eyes are on a cross section.


Square One week May 24-30 with tangle All Stars and a fill of Ruutz
Tangle Pattern: All Stars, Ruutz



This was my first "Inspired by..." Ellipse-on-my-mind tile - also in a wonky grid. But honestly, if you see All Stars in it that'll be OK with me, too.


Inspired by...Ellipse
Tangle Pattern: Ellipse



All Stars or Ellipse? I have no idea. I just drew S-curves horizontally and vertically on this and the next tile.


All Stars or Ellipse?
Tangle Pattern: All Stars or Ellipse?


All Stars or Ellipse?
Tangle Pattern:All Stars or Ellipse?



Then I tried it with leaves...No, don't try that!


Inspired by... All Stars and Ellipse
Tangle Pattern: All Stars



...and finally an All Stars and Ellipse tile hand in hand. Here I also proof that I know what Ellipse should really look like.


Inspired by...All Stars and Ellipse
Tangle Patterns: All Stars and Ellipse



Finally, the very last tile I drew with both, All Stars and Ellipse on my mind.


Inspired by...All Stars and Ellipse
Tangle Patterns: All Stars and Ellipse


Animal Happy Days

Remember this photo from my previous blog post? Well, I have good news regarding this cat family. Getting hold of the mum was easy and meanwhile she has given birth to 6 (SIX!!!) new kittens. My neighbor and I are glad we acted when we did and found a foster before the kittens were born. As it turns out, she has not enough milk to feed all 6. Now they have a fighting chance. In fact, 4 already have a home. In time the mum will be spayed and hopefully ends up in a loving home, too.

As for her 2 kittens (boy named Seng Cann, girl named Pian Peirn and no, I have no idea what the names mean). It took a while until we found them, caught them, and placed them in a room where we could 'tame' them. We soon had an interested owner and she helped with the feeding and playing. Now they have their vaccinations, are spayed and neutered and live happily with the new owner.

Seng Cann and Pian Peirn



The nursery. 5 kittens in the basket and one outside.






New cat project. 

Stray Tabby

He is a male Tabby and the first attempt to bring him to the vet failed when he broke one of the basket cover hinges and escaped. He, too, is not tamed, but since I am feeding him daily, I can handle him - carefully - although he hisses at me every so often (especially when I am not quick enough with the food). I consider this a case of mind over matter and I am the one with the mind.

Watch out, Tabby!!!

If you still don't have enough of cats, here a funny story about a water-loving, pain in the bathroom, cat. One of the drawings made me LOL.


From my garden....

Black Bat Flower


Now it is back to my 100DayProject - 1Day1Tile1Tangle. There is a lot of catching up to do and honestly, I am glad we are heading towards the end of the 100 days. My windows need cleaning, the footpath water pressured...the list is long.

Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoy a wonderful week.

:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...