JellyPages.com

Saturday, February 17, 2018

DIVA Challenge 351 - Olympics


This week's DIVA Challenge is celebrating the winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, using the Olympics 5 rings as the string (or hearts if you prefer). I honored the event with TWO tiles....eh....here a little secret if you haven't already guessed. Mostly, when I draw more than one tile it is because I don't like the result(s). I mean, if my first tile pleases my eyes, why would I risk drawing another that might spoil the joy? However, if I stop after two tiles, by no means does that mean I am happy now! More likely I have just given up. When it doesn't go your way, it doesn't go your way!

So this post has TWO tiles....

Tile #2: The rings with Dublin. I saw Dublin the first time on one of Anita's wonderful tiles and was instantly in love with it. At first I thought it was rather complex, but once I drew it a few times, my cramped up brain relaxed and I was able to just enjoy drawing it zzzzzen-like style. Thanks Chris Titus for this wonderful tangle, and thanks Anita for making me aware of it.


DIVA Challenge #351 with tangle Dublin
Pattern: Dublin



Tile #1: The rings with a new tangle I call Growing Hearts. It is just like Hamail (by Tina-Akua Hunziker), but made of hearts. The background are all hearts in some sort of a florz style. (Now you know why I drew the Dublin tile.)


DIVA Challenge #351 with tangle Growing Hearts
Patterns: Growing Hearts




Ahhhh, the florz-style hearts background should have been more like this:

Florz-style hearts
Florz-Hearts with a PS flare



Some more Growing Hearts


Fun tile with Patterns: Growing Hearts with Seaweed and Servring
Patterns: Growing Hearts with Seaweed and Servring



...as a bookmark
Bookmark tile with Patterns: Growing Hearts, Tipple, Fescu, Sez
Patterns: Growing Hearts, Tipple, Fescu, Sez


Finally, the step-out (as if needed)


Growing Hearts step-out
Patterns: Growing Hearts step-out






Animal Happy Day

If you are an avid follower of The Dodo you saw this amazing pig story. If not, here is your chance.









14 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful work, every tile has something unique and typical Susie NG. I love the transparent look on your Diva tile, drawn with a gorgeous Dublin.For the second Diva-tile, you have made a beautiful composition with a surprising Growing Heart. Thank you for the stepout for this lovely tangle. I have never seen a Florz heart but that one is stunning too. The two last creations look also very nice for this Valentine theme! You did a great job Susie, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ria. I am sure you noticed...I am caught by the Dublin bug. Suffer, suffer! I wished I had taken a photo of florz-heart prior to applying florz. There were actually real heart shapes, but now you can't see them so well anymore.

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous pieces, all of them. I haven't seen Dublin before so I'll have to find the stepouts and give it a try. Thank you for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kid comment, Margaret. Have a look at Anita's site (I linked to it in Tile #2 paragraph). She published the Dublin step-outs. I am sure you will love it, too.

      Delete
  3. Susie... I love your Olympic tiles... But my favourite is your Heart Florz tile!! I will be using this tanglation often! Thanks for sharing your Growing Hearts tangle.... I've already tried it out!💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS... I always cry at your posted animal videos!... so touching!💞

      Delete
    2. Oh great! I had my doubts about my new tangle as it was close to already existing ones. If you ever publish a tile with Growing Hearts...I'd like to see it!!! And thanks for watching the pig video, too. 2 pig lives saved that day, but my heart got moved because of all the human selfless help. They showed that there is still hope for us!

      Delete
  4. Wow, those Diva tiles are really gorgeous! Well, all tiles are, but the Florz is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I am really surprised people comment favorably on my Florz tile, but now I am glad I posted it. It was only a test tile. I needed a background for the Growing Heart Olympics tile...where it went all wrong.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful tiles and loved the piggy story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trudi. You didn't noticed I made a full fledged background like you did so many times? I am still in the training stage though. One day...

      Delete
  6. OMG the Florz-Hearts tile. Stunning. And I hadn't heard of Dublin before either. Two new tangles to try, oh boy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, M, you WILL love Dublin!!! I couldn't stop myself once I got the hang of it. My pen just fell in love with Dublin!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...